The January 990 Deadline is Almost Here! Start Filing Now With Tax990!
This month’s 990 e-filing deadline is right around the corner. Organizations with this deadline must file electronically by January 17th, 2023. This includes
- Organizations with tax years running from September 01 to August 31
- Organizations that filed extension Form 8868 in July
What are the forms due on January 17th?
- Form 990: Nonprofit tax return for tax-exempt organizations with gross receipts of over $200,000
- Form 990-N: Nonprofit tax return for tax-exempt organizations with gross receipts of $50,000 or less
- Form 990-EZ: Nonprofit tax return for tax-exempt organizations with gross receipts greater than $50,000 and less than $200,000
- Form 990-PF: Nonprofit tax return for private foundations
- Form 990-T: Nonprofits (except section 401(a) and 408(a) trusts) that generates $1000 or more income from unrelated businesses
If your organization needs an extension to file these forms, you’ll need to file Form 8868 (if haven’t filed earlier) by your original filing deadline
What happens if I miss the deadline?
If you miss your 990 deadline, the IRS will impose penalties. For a late Form 990, a fee of $20 per day is imposed for smaller organizations and $110 per day for larger organizations. If your organization fails to file a 990 return for 3 consecutive years, your organization will lose its tax-exempt status.
Note: There is no penalty for filing Form 990-N late, but the IRS will send a reminder.
What information is required for a 990 form?
990 forms will require basic information about your organization and employees as well as finances. You’ll need to have these details handy when e-filing
- The organization’s basic information (name, address, EIN)
- Financial information such as revenue, expenses, assets, and liabilities
- Program service accomplishments
- Other IRS filings and tax compliance requirements
- Key personnel, governing body, and management details
How Tax990 Simplifies your 990 series filing
With Tax 990, you don’t need to worry about missing your deadline. We offer several features designed to ease your e-filing experience. We even send out deadline reminders if you have filed your extension earlier with us.
- You can choose between our direct form-entry and interview-style filing methods at your convenience.
- If your organization is required to file additional 990 Schedules to provide more information, Tax990 will automatically attach them to your form for free.
- If you’ve previously filed with Tax 990, you can easily import certain information from your previous return to your current one.
- You can use our bulk upload feature to upload contributions and grants information all at once.
- If you’re feeling overwhelmed and like you’ll definitely need more time, you can e-file Form 8868 with us. We even offer package pricing for the 8868 and 990 form you need to file.
- If you provide any incorrect information or need to update something, you can file an amended return with Tax 990 even if your original return was not filed with us. If your form is rejected by the IRS for any reason, you can fix it and re-transmit it for free.
Get Started with Tax990.com Now.